Do you believe in fortune telling?
I don’t know about you, but I used to have a Magic 8 Ball®. I loved playing with it.
The idea was that it would magically tell your fortune when you shook the ball and looked in the window for the answer.
Mostly I used it in elementary school to find out if a secret crush liked me back.
Although I don’t have a Magic 8 Ball anymore, I thought it would be fun to make up a set of fun fortune telling cards using the same 20 responses that are inside the ball.
What you will need:
- 20 ATC cards, playing cards or one sheet of paper to cut up (I used one sheet of 11”x17” smooth Bristol)
- List of responses: LIST OF RESPONSES PDF DOWNLOAD
- Your favorite art-making supplies
Paint the fronts and backs of your cards.
- Try to make the backs of the cards as similar as possible so that you don’t learn how to read the cards from the back.
- Make the fronts of the cards however you wish – watercolor, acrylic, collage, whatever your heart desires.
Cut the cards apart.
Write the responses on the fronts of the cards. You don’t have to use the original responses. You can use answers that make sense for your life.
Using the cards
I read an article about flipping a coin in the air to help with decision making. When you flip a coin, you may already have the outcome in mind that you are wishing for. Therefore, the way that the coin lands doesn’t really matter.
It’s because you already know the answer.
The same can be said for the “It’s in the Cards” game.
Eventually, you will get the answer that you seek.